Monday, December 1, 2014

Smoke at 815 sparks sprinklers, summons firefighters

The Midway Fire Department was called out Monday afternoon when the sprinkler system in 815 Prime was activated by smoke from the dryer in the restaurant's laundry shortly after 4 p.m. No fire was reported, but firefighters were on the scene for more than an hour trying to shut off the sprinklers because the cutoff valve is in the old Thoroughbred Theater building, and the Steppin' Out boutique that occupies the building is closed on Mondays.

No comments: